Update on COVID-19
Thank you for choosing a stay at The White Oak Inn.
The health and well-being of our guests and associates are of the utmost importance to us. Our focus is to ensure we meet the needs of our guests while doing our part to keep you, our associates, and our community safe.
Here are some actions we are taking:
- Contactless check-in and check-out are available upon request. Please let us know prior to your stay if you want to take advantage of this choice.
- Daily housekeeping of guest rooms will not be done during your stay, however, there are instructions in your room on how to obtain fresh towels, linens, or supplies.
- You will have the option of eating a full breakfast in the inn dining room or picking up a continental breakfast basket to enjoy in your room, in the outside screened patio, or on your deck or porch.
- We offer two seatings for breakfast, at 8.30 and 9.30. The dining room has been reconfigured to allow the recommended distance between tables. We are limited to 10 guests in the dining room at each seating, so specific breakfast times will be allocated on a first-come basis upon your arrival at the inn.. There is only one seating for dinner, by advance reservation.
- Self-serve items such as hot and cold beverages have been removed from the guest fridges and common areas, however they are still available on request.
- The inn’s famous cookies are still available – pre-packaged for your convenience!
- Small bags of Ice for guest drinks are in the guest refrigerator. We cannot provide ice for coolers, but it can be purchased in Danville or Howard at the gas stations and stores.
- All guests are asked to self-monitor their health and reschedule their stay if they are exhibiting any symptoms of illness.
- All guests are asked to practice social distancing during their stay. Masks are not required.
Additionally, we are taking steps to ensure the well-being of our associates including:
- Employees’ temperatures are checked prior to starting work each day.
- Housekeeping staff are asked to wear PPE gear (i.e. masks and gloves).
- Rooms will be left empty for a minimum of 24 hours between guest stays.
We are using CDC approved cleaning products and cleaning any high-touch areas frequently during the day. Hand sanitizer is provided at the front desk, by the dining room entrance and in the inn common room.
If you have any specific concerns not addressed here, please let us know.