Plan a Murder Mystery Weekend in Ohio
Murder mystery weekends at The White Oak Inn are a whole lot of fun! Our Ohio murder mystery weekends and dinners are set up for guests to dress in costume and play along. Don’t worry – there are no lines to read or scripts to follow. Just bring along your sense of humor and be prepared to be entertained.
Frequently Asked Questions
2024 Murder Mystery Dates
Best Laid Plans
Saturday, January 27
Come to the quintessential whodunnit thriller at the estate of Sir Warren Peace and get thrown into a night of mystery, intrigue, and murder you will never forget. With a killer crowd of people just waiting for murder to arrive on the scene, this night will keep everyone looking over their shoulders and guessing who the next victim will be! You’ll try to bribe suspects for clues and gather information to uncover the unhinged guest who is whacking all the invitees. Just be careful, because you could be next! Dress your best in evening wear and suits—this is a refined party, after all.
Crime and Pun-ishment
Saturday, March 2
Things take a turn for the gutter at Mafia Don Lou Zar’s juice joint when someone is put on ice. The crowd will be chock-full of potential suspects. Jilted lovers, a rival Mafioso, and an undercover fed will make an appearance at this speakeasy and not a single person is muttering a word! Help find out who’s on the level and who’s on the lam by trading clues, gathering information, and solving the crime before the murderer hotfoots it out of here!
Love the 80’s to Death
Saturday, April 6
It’s the 80’s again, and all of the big names are here for a big concert. Tensions run rampant as backstage secrets spill out into the spotlight with like, totally tragic results! This isn’t an episode of Miami Vice! This is like…murder. It’s up to you to bust it like a ghost, for sure! Peg your jeans, slouch your socks, flash some neon, put on way too much eyeliner and get that hair up! You are going to solve this crime in style. No time to be Too Shy! You are a Smooth Operator, and you know to listen to those Careless Whispers. It’s time to put on your Sunglasses at Night and Relax. Time after time…You will solve the case.
Murder Mystery Packages
One Night Package
Our one night package includes dinner and a hearty country breakfast. Pricing starts at $389 a night for two guests in a room.
Please note: A limited number of rooms are available for single-night stays. Cottages and fireplace rooms are generally two-night minimums on weekends.
Two Night Package
Our two night package includes breakfast both mornings and the murder mystery dinner on Saturday. Pricing starts at $529 for standard rooms and $569 for fireplace rooms. The rate for the White Oak Room starts at $589 and Luxury Cottages with fireplace and Jacuzzi-style whirlpool tub start at $789.
A third person in a room for a one night package is $159, for a two night package is $199. A third person in a cottage is $239 for the two night package.
Private Mystery Parties For Groups
- Group mystery parties can be arranged for 14 to 20 people. (Subject to availability of the inn and the theater group for the date requested)
- Groups can choose whichever plot they wish from our list below.
- We will allocate specific rooms based on the number in the group. Cottages are not included.
- One-night group mystery package includes overnight stay, dinner, and breakfast. A group must book a minimum of 7 guest rooms. The group rate is $389. Single-night Saturdays are available only in January, February, March, April, June, and December. For all other months, we require two-night stays on weekends.
- Two-night group mystery package includes two nights’ stay, with breakfast each morning and the murder mystery dinner on the evening of your choice. The cost is $499 per room (2 guests).
- For group bookings, a 50% non-refundable deposit is due three months ahead of the mystery date, or at time of reservation if it is made less than three months in advance. The remaining balance is due 30 days before the mystery.
- All deposits should be considered non-refundable. If anybody in a group cancels, it is their responsibility to find somebody to take their place. If another person takes the place, we will refund the original guest’s deposit less a $50 handling charge.