Indulge your sense of adventure with a truly unique outdoor recreation opportunity that involves high-tech treasure hunting. Put your navigation skills to the test when you go geocaching in Danville, OH! There are a variety of geo trails located throughout the Knox County Park District. In addition to discovering hidden caches, you’ll also encounter fascinating tales of Knox County’s history.
Read on to learn more about geocaching in the area. Then, be sure to request a free copy of our Vacation Guide for even more information about the best of Danville, OH!
What Is Geocaching?
There are millions of geocaches hidden throughout the world. Geocaching is an outdoor activity that involves treasure hunting with the help of today’s advanced technologies. Participants use Global Positioning Systems to hide and seek “caches” marked by specific coordinates. It’s the ultimate family-friendly activity that takes place in the great outdoors and encourages curiosity.
Where Do I Begin?
If you’re interested in geocaching, take the following steps:
- Go to www.geocaching.com and create a free account.
- GPS coordinates are provided for each cache.
- Once you find the geocache, sign and date the logbook.
- Place the geocache back where you found it and log your experience online.
Geocaching Trails in Danville, OH
- The 2021 GeoTrail in Danville, OH, will open on the weekend of June 4, 2021, within the Knox County Park District. There is even part of the trail that you can paddle along the Kokosing River.
- The 2020 GeoTrail in Danville, OH, is still around and takes treasure hunters on a journey through Knox County’s unique history. The 2020 trail includes three to four geocaches on each of our county multi-use trails: the Heart of Ohio, Kokosing Gap, and Mohican Valley Trails comprised of the Greater Ohio to Erie Trail.
Additional Outdoor Activities in Danville, OH
Slow down. Take a deep breath. Take in the beauty of nature that surrounds you. You’ll find no shortage of opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors when you visit Danville, OH!
- Experience Honey Run Park and Waterfall
- Embark on an adventure on the Mohican River
- Hike the Kokosing Gap Trail
- Go horseback riding
Stay at the White Oak Inn, Near Some of the Best Geo Trails
Make your home away from home at The White Oak Inn after a day of exploring outdoor activities such as geocaching in Danville, Ohio. In fact, our property is located right next to some of the geocaches on the local trails. Our Amish Country B&B offers three tranquil lodging options: Main Inn Rooms, Guest House Rooms, and Log Cabins.
If you’re looking to reset in nature, we recommend staying in one of our Log Cabins. These cabins sit tucked away in the woods behind the Inn. Each of our cabins features top-tier amenities that range from king-sized beds and two-person jetted tubs to wood-burning fireplaces for seasonal use and private decks.
Check our availability to start planning your Ohio getaway.